Prof Page and Mr Kevin Eng held a bone school lecture series to all orthopaedic trainees over Zoom april 24. The topic was shoulder instability. We had trainees log into our zoom talk from every state, and we had 4 lectures and several cases to learn from in what can be a common, but challenging spectrum of conditions involving dislocation of the shoulder. We covered:
- Assessment and investigation of shoulder instability pathology, including bone loss and variations
- Labral and Associated Pathology of the Shoulder – Prof Richard Page
- Open and arthroscopic labral repair and outcomes
- Management of bone loss and outcomes – Prof Richard Page
- Multidirectional instability of the shoulder- assessment and management – Mr Kevin Eng
- Discussion Cases
This is our first lecture series via zoom, and was well accepted by all, including for the first time interstate surgical trainees. It provides an avenue for education during the covid pandemic and moving forward.