Mr Graeme Brown has a particular interest in knee, shoulder and sports surgery.
Mr Brown graduated from the University of Melbourne and completed his orthopaedic training in 1994. Further experience was gained with a Fellowship in Joint Replacement surgery in Exeter, UK and Knee, Shoulder and Sports Orthopaedic surgery at The Orthopaedic Sports Hospital, Salt Lake City, USA. Mr Brown has been practicing in Geelong since 1996. He consults at St John of God Specialist Centre and Epworth, and operates at St John of God Hospital, Epworth Hospital and University Hospital Geelong.
He specialises in disorders of the knee and shoulder, as well as sporting injuries. He is also involved in management of acute trauma and fractures.
With knee disorders he manages a wide range of conditions both traumatic and degenerative including:
- ACL and other ligament injuries
- meniscal injuries
- patellofemoral instability and
- knee osteoarthritis.
With shoulder conditions he also cares for and operates on patients with a wide range of conditions including:
- Traumatic injuries such as clavicle fractures and acromioclavicular joint dislocation
- shoulder instability
- rotator cuff pathology and
- shoulder osteoarthritis.
- (03) 5223 – 3151
- (03) 5229 – 1283
- MON – FRI 9-5
- Admin Staff:
- Wanda (PA), Christina and Chris (Nurse)
- MBBS, University of Melbourne 1982
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons 1994
- Diploma of Epidemiology and Bio-Statistics, University of Melbourne 1998
The Geelong Orthopaedics Group conducts regular auditing and feedback for quality assurance. Whilst research and teaching enhance the continuing professional development of surgeons, we also have weekly meetings to review all cases performed and those upcoming at the University Hospital Geelong. We participate in monthly literature review meetings to keep up with the latest scientific studies. A monthly audit takes place to review all difficult cases. In our private practice at Geelong Orthopaedics we also track our patients results and improvements using questionnaires and measurements using a results registry. We track all our arthroplasty (joint replacement) patients via the Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Registry and the Geelong St John of God joint registry. This is designed to maintain the highest quality treatments and ensure there is constant feedback and improvement.
Mr Brown has a strong interest in teaching. He is a Clinical Senior Lecturer at Deakin University involved in undergraduate teaching. He has also been heavily involved in the training of future orthopaedic surgeons.
- Clinical Senior Lecturer, Deakin University
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Knee Society
- Shoulder & Elbow Society of Australia
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- St John Of God Hospital
- University Hospital Geelong