Professor Page specialises in shoulder, upper limb and hand surgery, as well as academic musculoskeletal science.
Professor Page is St John of God and Barwon Health Chair of Orthopaedics Deakin University, Director of Orthopaedics at Barwon Health, and convener of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Medicine at Deakin University.
Richard was awarded a Zimmer Overseas Traveling Fellowship in 2000, the H J Windsor Prize In Orthopaedic Research by the Royal College Of Surgeons Of England in 2001 and was the European Travelling Fellow of The Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia and recipient of a Visiting Professorship award from the Association Of Academic Surgeons Of America in 2009.
He was awarded the 2013 ASEAN Travelling Fellowship by the Australian Orthopaedic Association, to foster professional orthopaedic relationships with ASEAN nations.
Richard operates at University Hospital Geelong, St John of God Hospital and Epworth Hospital Geelong.
- (03) 5222 – 5777
- (03) 5229 – 1283
- MON TUES FRI 9 – 3, WED 9 – 5, THURS 9:30 – 1:30
- Admin Staff:
- Marlene, Ali (PA) and Jenny (nurse)
- BmedSci (UTas)
- MBBS (UTas)
- FRACS Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- FAOrthA Fellow Australian Orthopaedic Association
The Geelong Orthopaedics Group conducts regular auditing and feedback for quality assurance. Whilst research and teaching enhance the continuing professional development of surgeons, we also have weekly meetings to review all cases performed and those upcoming at the University Hospital Geelong. We participate in monthly literature review meetings to keep up with the latest scientific studies. A monthly audit takes place to review all difficult cases. In our private practice at Geelong Orthopaedics we also track our patients results and improvements using questionnaires and measurements using a results registry. We track all our arthroplasty (joint replacement) patients via the Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Registry and the Geelong St John of God joint registry. This is designed to maintain the highest quality treatments and ensure there is constant feedback and improvement.
Professor Page is an active teacher of medical students, registrars and fellows.
He is also Director of the Barwon Centre for Orthopaedic Research and Education (B-CORE) and the Fellowship Program at Geelong Hospital, Victoria, Australia. He is an Active Member of the Specialist Reserve of the Royal Australian Navy, with numerous overseas and operational deployments.
Research interests include outcomes of shoulder conditions and shoulder arthroplasty, national joint registry outcomes, biomaterials assessment, the molecular, genetic, and epidemiology of musculoskeletal disease.
- Association of Academic Surgery (USA) member
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Hand Surgery Society, international member
- Asian Shoulder and Elbow Association
- Australian Hand Surgery Society
- Australian Military Medical Association
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Orthopaedic Outreach Program
- Australian Sports Medicine Federation
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia
- Victorian Hand Surgery Society
- Victorian Shoulder and Elbow Society
- St John of God Hospital Geelong
- University Hospital Geelong
- Epworth Hospital Geelong
- Director – Barwon Centre for Orthopaedic Research and Education (B-CORE)
- Member Centre Molecular and Medical Research (C-MMR), Deakin University
Richard holds grants in trauma, upper limb and musculoskeletal molecular biology research. He has given invited lectures in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, USA, Europe and the UK including over 80 scientific papers at national or international level and100 peer reviewed publications. He has published on new pathologies and their arthroscopic management in the shoulder, new techniques for treatment, and a wide range of trauma and orthopaedic topics.
He is a reviewer for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, International Journal of Shoulder Surgery, Shoulder and Elbow, The Journal of Veterans and Military Health, Journal of Injury, Journal of Orthopaedics, BMC Health and is an Associate Editor for the Journal of Wrist Surgery.